25 Jun '12, 9am
China waitress ate fly found in customer's food
SHANDONG - A waitress at a restaurant in Shandong, China, swallowed a dead fly that a customer had found in his food, China Press reported. The diner was enjoying his meal when he found the dead insect in a vegetable dish. So, he asked that the bill for about RMB$200 (S$40) be waived. Instead, the waitress who served him picked up the fly and swallowed it. The customer managed to record the incident on his handphone and uploaded the clip to the Internet. As it turned out, netizens were upset with him and accused him of forcing the waitress to swallow the fly. He denied doing so, saying she did it of her own accord. In a separate incident in May, a couple was having breakfast at a small eatery in Yunnan when they accidentally ate a dead fly and demanded the female store owner to apologise. Instead, of apologising and offering to pay for the bill, the male owner rushed out, ...