07 Nov '11, 4pm

Man dies in fire by laptop - Yahoo! via @yahoosg

Kolkata (The Statesman/ANN) - The charred body of a 32-year-old employee of Pricewaterhouse Coopers was found today at his home in Kendua near Patuli in South 24-Parganas. Based on preliminary investigations, police officers believe that the victim, Sayan Chowdhury, fell asleep while working on his laptop last night. He was also listening to music through earphones connected to the computer. Police think that as the laptop was charged, there was a problem with the switchboard in the charger, which led to the fire. The switch board was too close to the bed, they said, so a spark from the switch board set the bed on fire. Police are not, though, ruling out the possibility that the fire was started by an enemy of the victim. Police said that smoke was seen coming from the room around 7 a.m. The victim's family members broke open the door, and found the room filled with smoke....

Full article: http://sg.news.yahoo.com/man-dies-fire-laptop-094005997.html

Tweets

Playing with fire

tankinlian.blogspot.com 13 Nov '11, 10pm

Even the insurance companies are lying to consumers that their limited pay or anticipated endowment are giving better than...

Have you seen this man? Police are looking out ...

todayonline.com 08 Nov '11, 9pm

SINGAPORE - The police are looking for this man (picture) to help them with investigations into a case of loanshark harass...

Reinventing Fire Infographic: via @AddThis

rmi.org 06 Nov '11, 5am

Want to learn more about why Reinventing Fire makes sense and makes money? Visit our blog, RMI Outlet , and join the conve...

Chevy Volt possibly involved in second garage fire, this time in North Carolina

Chevy Volt possibly involved in second garage f...

green.autoblog.com 07 Nov '11, 4pm

Garage fires are nothing new, and there will come a day when stories like this one won't make national news. For now, thou...

Girl, 3, eats leftovers for 2 days after mom dies - Yahoo! via @yahoosg

Girl, 3, eats leftovers for 2 days after mom di...

sg.news.yahoo.com 05 Nov '11, 8am

WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) — A 3-year-old girl comforted herself with her favorite toy and ate cheese, leftover lasagna ...

So I'm trying to decide between two travel laptop backpacks. This one & this one

So I'm trying to decide between two travel lapt...

ebags.com 07 Nov '11, 1am

Go back to school, off to work, or out to play with your laptop computer well-protected and your other essentials neatly s...

Vietnamese man has massive tumour - Yahoo! via ...

sg.news.yahoo.com 03 Nov '11, 7am

Think you’re having a bad day with the flu? A man in Vietnam has it much worse with a tumour on his right leg weighing 90k...

Man collapses, dies on SBS bus #Singapore

sg.news.yahoo.com 28 Oct '11, 4am

A man collapsed and died on board an SBS bus on Monday after suffering breathing difficulties. Ho Soo Kim, 62, a certified...

Malaysian man proposes to girlfriend - via Groupon

Malaysian man proposes to girlfriend - via Groupon

tnp.sg 10 Nov '11, 4am

GET a 100 per cent discount on a husband. The deal on discount site Groupon Malaysia , which received more than 25,000 "bu...