11 Nov '11, 10am

British architect died after sofa caught fire, says coroner

SINGAPORE: A British architect fell asleep drunk on his sofa with a lighted cigarette and died after the sofa caught fire. The Coroner's Court heard on Friday that 50-year-old Conor Henry Macginley died from inhalation of fumes and acute alcoholic intoxication. The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) was alerted to the fire at Block 7 Marine Terrace at about 2.10pm on March 13 this year. The unit was engulfed in flames and Macginley's body was later found burnt beyond recognition. The court heard that Macginley lived alone and had a habit of drinking and smoking excessively. There were also several previous incidences where he had set his sofa on fire after falling asleep on it with a lighted cigarette. Dr Paul Chui, a senior consultant forensic pathologist at the Health Sciences Authority (HSA), revealed in a report that the deceased was highly intoxicated and mentally i...

Full article: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews...

Tweets

Playing with fire

tankinlian.blogspot.com 13 Nov '11, 10pm

Even the insurance companies are lying to consumers that their limited pay or anticipated endowment are giving better than...

Voice of Ferrari - Abu Dhabi GP - Several irons in the fire for the Scuderia #F1

Voice of Ferrari - Abu Dhabi GP - Several irons...

ferrari.com 11 Nov '11, 5pm

In the unusual and intriguing atmosphere of the Yas Marina circuit, where track action starts under the blinding light of ...

Chevy Volt battery catches fire at NHTSA

green.autoblog.com 11 Nov '11, 6pm

Any energy storage on any car is subject to fire under certain conditions. 16 KWh of battery storage is capable of produci...

"Crap." Chevy Volt battery catches fire at NHTSA

green.autoblog.com 11 Nov '11, 6pm

it's a non event since it was a crashed vehicle. only a minor lesson that if you bang up an electric car, the battery shou...