14 diners at award-winning restaurant hit by food poisoning
A dinner among 16 colleagues at a seafood restaurant at Marina Bay Sands ended up with 11 of them hit by food poisoning. Two were hospitalised. Another group of diners was also affected. Those who came down with the symptoms had eaten raw oysters at the award-winning restaurant, Todai, so they guessed that was the problem. The restaurant and health authorities were informed. Although the restaurant had no official confirmation that the oysters were the cause of the food poisoning, they reimbursed the full cost of the dinner and covered the diners' medical expenses, including one of the hospitalisation cases. The second hospitalisation case is pending the outcome of investigation. Read the full report in Tuesday's edition (Jan 3) of The New Paper.