AMSTERDAM (REUTERS) - Dutch health authorities said on Wednesday women who had breast implants made by a French company at the heart of a global health scare should have them removed because of the high risk of rupture, reversing an earlier recommendation. The scandal erupted when the French government in December advised 30,000 women who had silicone implants made by the now-defunct firm Poly Implant Prothese (PIP) to have them removed. The advice followed the death from cancer in 2010 of a French woman who had PIP implants. 'Even if there is no rupture, it is advisable ... to have the prothesis removed,' the Dutch Health Inspectorate (IGZ) said in a statement. As of the end of 2010, the statement said, an estimated 1,000 women in the Netherlands had PIP implants, which were also sold under the name M-implants. Another 400 had already had them removed by the end of 2010.