East View Secondary students suffer food poisoning
It was just one meal from the Muslim stall she frequented at school. But Nur Syaza Osman suffered such bad diarrhoea and vomiting that her intestines had become swollen, doctors told her. She had to be hospitalised on Sunday and has yet to be discharged. Syaza, 17, is one of more than 10 students and staff from East View Secondary hit with food poisoning after having a meal from a Muslim stall. Vice principal Muhammad Farizal Umar Effendi said the school is in touch with affected students and staff, and are monitoring their condition. The Health Ministry and the National Environment Agency were also alerted and are investigating, he said. Read the full report in The New Paper on Thursday (May 1).