05 Feb '12, 1am

Survivor who miscarried after the Costa Concordia cruise disaster to sue vessel's owners for $1.6 million

ROME (AFP) - A pregnant woman who miscarried after the cruise ship wreck off the coast of Italy last month is set to sue the vessel's owners for one million euros (S$1.6 million) in damages, Italian media said on Saturday. The 30-year-old Italian, identified only as Cristina M, was four months pregnant when she set off on the Costa Concordia cruise on Jan 13. Though she escaped the sinking ship in a lifeboat, she was admitted to hospital last week with a miscarriage. Her doctors said she likely lost her baby because of the intense psychological stress suffered both during the night-time evacuation and when her lifeboat smashed up against rocks as it headed for the nearby shore. Christina M's lawyers will add her to a class action against Costa Crociere and seek one million euros in damages for the miscarriage, reports said.

Full article: http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/World/Story/STIS...

Tweets

Be a survivor with @MoiselfUK @daisygreenmag...

Be a survivor with @MoiselfUK @daisygreenmag...

daisygreenmagazine.co.uk 15 Feb '12, 11am

Be a survivor With this inspiring handkerchief Moi Self Helpful Hankies It’s often said that laughter is the best medicine...