18 Mar '11, 5am

Glue-sniffer fell into pond: TWO teens sniffed glue and climbed onto a railing to listen to music when the young...

TWO teens sniffed glue and climbed onto a railing to listen to music when the younger youth fell into a pond in Yishun in December 2010. Shawn On Poh Kiat's friend - Tan Yun Chao, 18 - had noticed the 14-year-old crying while listening to songs from his (Tan's) mobile phone on Dec 11 2010. Suddenly, Shawn fell into the water. Unable to swim, he was bobbing and shouting for help before he sank. Mr Tan took off his clothes and plunged into the muddy water. He managed to pull Shawn to shore but the teen was unconscious by then. He tried to resuscitate him but Shawn did not respond. He called the police who advised him to call 995 for help. Mr Tan then followed instructions on the phone and performed cardio-pulmonary resuscitation on Shawn before police came and took over. Shawn was taken to Khoo Teck Puat Hospital where he died the next morning. At a coroner's inquiry into hi...

Full article: http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/...

Tweets

Glue-sniffer fell and drowned in Yishun pond

Glue-sniffer fell and drowned in Yishun pond

thecourtroom.stomp.com.sg 20 Mar '11, 8am

TWO teens sniffed glue and climbed onto a railing to listen to music when the younger youth fell into a pond in Yishun in ...