Madam Loh (middle) was unconscious in the intensive care unit at the National University Hospital throughout the eight days. A 73-YEAR-OLD hair salon owner died on Friday after taking a steam bath in a skincare centre eight days ago. Her daughter, Ms Elizabeth Tan, said Madam Loh Yoke Chan had suffered from heatstroke. She added that her mother routinely had a steam bath before her weekly massage at the centre in Jurong East. Madam Loh, who had signed up for 40 massage sessions, had gone into the steam room at 5pm on March 10. When she did not come out after 20 minutes - the usual length for a steam bath - staff went to check and found her unconscious. They contacted Ms Tan, saying her mother had 'fainted'. Read the full story in Saturday's edition of The Straits Times.