28 Mar '11, 11am

Doctor died from accidental drug overdose: A DOCTOR died from an accidental overdose of drugs at a flat in Juron...

At a coroner's inquest into his death on Monday, the court heard that Dr Chew had confided in his wife early last year that he was stressed over his work. He was very sad over his father's death in March last year. -- PHOTO: ST FILE A DOCTOR died from an accidental overdose of drugs at a flat in Jurong East Street 21 in March last year following a similar incident seven months earlier in a hotel room, a coroner's court heard. Dr Chew Sung Lock, 45, a resident doctor with SMU Medicare clinic, was found lying on the floor of his unit with the door half-opened but the gate padlocked by a resident on March 29 who thought he was asleep. He and his family were living in a house in the East Coast area. The next day, when the neighbour found him in the same position, he called the police. Dr Chew's wife had reported him missing on March 29 after she failed to reach him. She was wo...

Full article: http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/...

Tweets

Doctor told MFA to intervene or else ...: Other...

todayonline.com 28 Mar '11, 10pm

SINGAPORE - As she became the subject of disciplinary proceedings launched by the Singapore Medical Council (SMC), promine...