30 Oct '14, 6am

Nasi Padang is deadly. Learnt from experience with Dhaima Dandee Parameswaren

SINGAPORE - A four-year-old boy died four days after eating contaminated food bought from a nasi padang stall at a food court, a coroner's court heard. Shayne Sujith Balasubraamaniam, together with his mother and two-year-old sister, came down with food poisoning on Jan 19 this year, a day after his mother had bought food, including tahu goreng and curry chicken, from a nasi padang stall at Kopitiam food court at Northpoint Shopping Centre. All three were taken brought to Bukit Batok Polyclinic the next day. Shayne was assessed to be severely dehydrated and was prescribed medication. He showed apparent signs of recovery, but deteriorated on Jan 22 when his mother found him unconscious at home. He died in hospital about two hours later from salmonella septicaemia. On Thursday, State Coroner Marvin Bay said in his findings that the boy's death underscores that careless food ...

Full article: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/courts-crime/s...

Tweets

[ST] 4-year-old's death from eating tainted foo...

straitstimes.com 30 Oct '14, 5am

SINGAPORE - A four-year-old boy died four days after eating contaminated food bought from a nasi padang stall at a food co...

Push Button, Receive Candy (or Death)

Push Button, Receive Candy (or Death)

hackaday.com 31 Oct '14, 5am

Okay, so it only dispenses candy for now. [Ben] hasn’t quite worked the kinks out of his death ray. He designed it to sit ...