07 Jun '11, 12am

Report gave all-clear for #NewsinBahrain F1 GP: FIA chief

Report gave all-clear for #NewsinBahrain F1 GP: FIA chief

Mr Todt (above), the former mastermind behind Ferrari's success, said that FIA vice-president Carlos Gracia had been to Bahrain and decided after apparently in-depth talks that everything was fine to return there on October 30. -- ST PHOTO: CAROLINE CHIA LONDON - THE controversial decision to reinstate the Bahrain Formula One Grand Prix taken by the sport's governing body FIA was taken after receiving a report saying that the political unrest in the country had stabilised, FIA president Jean Todt told the BBC on Monday. Mr Todt, the former mastermind behind Ferrari's success, said that FIA vice-president Carlos Gracia had been to Bahrain and decided after apparently in-depth talks that everything was fine to return there on October 30. Mr Todt's remarks came on the same day as a total of 24 doctors and 23 nurses went on trial in Bahrain for their apparent roles in the unre...

Full article: http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Sport/Story/STIS...

Tweets

The Bahrain GP is off: AFTERNOON LATEST PARIS -...

todayonline.com 10 Jun '11, 12am

PARIS - The controversial Bahrain Formula One Grand Prix has been cancelled for 2011, with local organisers announcing on ...

#NewsinBahrain GP reinstated, India will end season

#NewsinBahrain GP reinstated, India will end se...

asiaone.com 04 Jun '11, 9am

BARCELONA - THE Bahrain Formula One Grand Prix, postponed in March due to violent civil unrest, will go ahead on Oct 30 wi...