19 Jul '11, 12am

British phone-hacking whistleblower dies, not suspicious, says police

Former News of the World journalist Sean Hoare is seen in this undated handout picture released on July 18, 2011. -- PHOTO: REUTERS LONDON - A WHISTLEBLOWER in Britain's phone-hacking scandal, former News of the World reporter Sean Hoare, was found dead at his home Monday but there appeared to be no suspicious circumstances, police said. Mr Hoare alleged in interviews with The New York Times newspaper and the BBC last year that the tabloid's former editor Andy Coulson, who went on to become press chief to British Prime Minister David Cameron, knew about voicemail hacking. The 47-year-old was found dead early Monday at his home in Watford, north of London, Hertfordshire Police said in a statement. 'At 10.40am today police were called to Langley Road, Watford, following the concerns for welfare of a man who lives at an address on the street,' the force said. 'Upon police and...

Full article: http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/World/Story/STIS...

Tweets

Dead phone hacking scandal whistleblower 'not s...

straitstimes.com 20 Jul '11, 12am

The death of Sean Hoare (above), a former News of the World journalist and whistleblower on the escalating phone-hacking s...

New generation of nuclear power quietly approve...

businessgreen.com 20 Jul '11, 7am

The UK's long-standing plans to deliver a new fleet of nuclear reactors took a major step forward last night, after the Ho...