29 Aug '13, 10am

Singapore's Fraser & Neave says in beer spat with Myanmar partner

Singapore's Fraser & Neave says in beer spat with Myanmar partner

SINGAPORE | Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:15am EDT SINGAPORE (Reuters) - Singapore property and drinks conglomerate Fraser and Neave Ltd (FRNM.SI ) said on Thursday its joint venture partner, which is run by the Myanmar military, plans to start arbitration proceedings over the company's stake in Myanmar Brewery Ltd. The brewery represents only a small part of F&N's business but losing its stake would mean being shut out of one of Asia's fastest growing beer markets. In its latest earnings briefing, F&N said its Myanmar beer business had recorded double digit growth from a year earlier. F&N, which is controlled by Thai billionaire Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi, currently holds 55 percent of Myanmar Brewery while Myanmar Economic Holdings Ltd (MEHL) holds the remaining 45 percent. In a statement, F&N said the Myanmar company was trying to obtain its share in the brewery by citing a joint v...

Full article: http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/29/us-fraserandnea...

Tweets

Singapore's Fraser & Neave says in beer spat wi...

reuters.com 29 Aug '13, 10am

SINGAPORE | Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:41am EDT SINGAPORE (Reuters) - Singapore property and drinks conglomerate Fraser and Neave ...

Beer vs. oil: Beer wins

Beer vs. oil: Beer wins

grist.org 27 Aug '13, 7pm

Beer lovers of America, you can breathe a sigh of relief. Michigan’s Bell’s Brewery won a decision against Enbridge Oil Th...