31 Oct '16, 9pm

Patient's fart 'sparked fire during surgery in hospital'

TOKYO • A patient's fart during a surgical procedure allegedly sparked a fire which caused her to be seriously burnt, Asahi Shimbun reported, citing the Tokyo Medical University Hospital. The fire occurred at the hospital in Shinjuku on April 15, the Japanese newspaper said on Saturday. The patient, in her 30s, was undergoing an operation which involved applying a laser to her cervix, the lower part of the uterus. The laser, probably ignited by the gas she passed, caused a fire that burned much of her body, including her waist and legs, the report said. A committee of external experts who examined the case said in a report released on Friday that no flammable materials were in the operation room during the surgery. It also mentioned that the operation equipment was functioning normally, according to Asahi Shimbun. "When the patient's intestinal gas leaked into the space of...

Full article: http://www.straitstimes.com/world/patients-fart-sparked-f...

Tweets

Fart sparks fire during surgery in Japan; patie...

straitstimes.com 31 Oct '16, 9am

A patient's fart during a surgical procedure allegedly sparked a fire which caused her to be seriously burnt, the Tokyo Me...

Fart sparks fire during surgery in Japan; patie...

straitstimes.com 31 Oct '16, 9am

A patient's fart during a surgical procedure allegedly sparked a fire which caused her to be seriously burnt, the Tokyo Me...

Fart sparks fire during surgery in Japan; patient seriously burnt

Fart sparks fire during surgery in Japan; patie...

straitstimes.com 31 Oct '16, 4am

HONG KONG (REUTERS) - British investment banker Rurik Jutting was a narcissistic sexual sadist trying to cover a“fragile” ...

Fire at Jurong West flat; 40 residents evacuate...

straitstimes.com 31 Oct '16, 3pm

SINGAPORE - A fire broke out broke out at a Housing & Development Board block at Jurong West on Monday (Oct 31) night. The...

Huge fire at 65 Sungei Kadut Loop; @SCDF on sce...

straitstimes.com 01 Nov '16, 11pm

SINGAPORE - A fire broke out at what appeared to be a warehouse building in Sungei Kadut early Wednesday (Nov 2) morning. ...

JUST IN: Second fire reported at Johor's Sultanah Aminah Hospital

JUST IN: Second fire reported at Johor's Sultan...

straitstimes.com 26 Oct '16, 6am

JOHOR BARU (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - A second fire is believed to have occurred at the Sultanah Aminah Hospital (HSA)...

11-year-old Malaysian cancer patient who had Le...

straitstimes.com 26 Oct '16, 5am

PETALING JAYA (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - Eleven-year-old cancer patient and Lego fan Muhammad Danish Maarif died at hi...